To process your Vermilionville membership online you can select which member level you wish to join below and process your membership through PayPal or Online Payment.
We can also process your new membership and your future renewals by calling (337) 233-4077 x 207
Tuesday – Sunday between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- All Benefits of an Ami Membership at a discounted rate
- Free Museum admission for you plus a guest
- Vermilionville special event discounts
- Gift Shop: La Boutique discounts
- Restaurant: La Cuisine de Maman discounts
- Quarterly Newsletter: La Raconteur
- All the benefits of an Ami membership at a discounted rate
LA FAMILLE: $125
- All the benefits of an Ami membership
- Free admission for you plus 3 guests and everyone under 18
- Membership benefits and free admission to over 1000 museums and institutions through the North American Museum Association (NARM)
- Discounts on music, cooking, language, dance lessons, and local accommodations, and more through our community partners (routing)
- Discounts to entertainment events
JOIE DE VIVRE: $250
- All the benefits of a family membership
- Free admission for you plus 5 guests and everyone under 18
- All the benefits of a Joie de Vivre membership
- “Behind the Scenes” tour of BVD and Vermilionville
- Listed on the BVD & Vermilionville websites as a Major Contributor
GOLD MEMBER: $2500
- All the benefits of a Vermilionaire membership
- Exclusive discount and VIP seating at entertainment events
PLATINUM MEMBER: $5,000
- All the benefits of a Gold membership
- Exclusive discount on 1 event rental per year (restrictions may apply)
Since its opening in 1990, Vermilionville has become one of Louisiana’s premier tourist attractions welcoming more than 65,000 visitors each year from around the world. One of the largest museums of its kind, its campus spans a 23-acre site along the banks of the Bayou Vermilion. This cultural institution consists of 19 attractions, including 9 original, restored homes filled with more than 3,000 artifacts.
More than 20 local artisans dressed in period attire provide demonstrations and interpret a variety of authentic elements of folklife culture in both English and French. In 2018, Vermilionville hosted more than 100 events celebrating and educating our guests about everything that makes Lafayette unique: language, music and dance, traditional arts, agriculture and landscaping, architecture, beliefs and customs, cuisine, traditional holidays and festivals, and much, much more. Your annual memberships, donations and support help us in the ongoing efforts to preserve our history, culture, and natural resources.
Book a Tour
The Vermilionville Living History Museum and Folklife park provide a wonderful educational experience for adults and children alike. Book a tour today.
Weddings can feature a variety of appetizer items, banquet style meals, a barbecue or crawfish boil offered through our on-site catering department.
Canoe and Kayak Rentals allow paddlers and adventurers an opportunity to enjoy the timeless beauty of Bayou Vermilion at their leisure
Experience some of the main attractions at Vermilionville such as Historic Homes, and immerse yourself in the rich history of Acadiana
Vermilionville’s gift shop, La Boutique, offers a unique selection of Cajun, Creole and Native American arts and crafts, as well as literature and music CD’s from the area.
Be honest : you’re here because you’re craving something authentic, right? And by the grace of good taste, you’ve found yourself at our kitchen.
Education is a main focus at Vermilionville. We strive to offer an educational and entertaining outing for students referred to as Cultural Excursions.
Thank you for your interest in using Vermilionville Living History Museum & Folklife Park as a backdrop for your photo sessions.
Vermilionville is open six days a week, Tuesday through Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please keep in mind that we stop taking admission at 3:00 p.m. daily as it takes approximately an hour to an hour and thirty minutes to tour our historic village.
Our historic village is closed on Mondays and for major holidays including New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, Mardi Gras Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Copyright ©2019 Bayou Vermilion District
All Rights Reserved
Adults (ages 19 – 65): $10.00 per person
Senior Citizens (age 65+): $8.00 per person
Students (ages 5 – 18): $6.00 per person
Children (under 5): No Charge
GROUP ADMISSION (MINIMUM OF 20 PEOPLE)
*Adults (ages 19 – 65+): $8.00 per person
Students (ages 5 – 18): $5.00 per person
Children (under 5): No Charge
* Disclaimer: In order to receive the reduced admission rate, groups must be booked in advance and one payment made upon arrival.
AAA: Adult $9.00, Senior $7.00, Student $5.00
Active Military plus Dependants: $5.00; $7.00 Senior & Retired
Le Guide Routard: $6.00
ULL’s Alumni Association (must present current member ID): $6.00
Louisiana Public Broadcasting: $2.00 Off Admission
National Preservation for Historic Trust: $2.00 off Admission
Vermilionville is completely handicap-accessible. Our attractions are outfitted with a wide ramp for wheelchair and walker access. If you require a wheelchair, please inquire in the gift shop and we will be happy to provide you with one to utilize during your visit.
Vermilionville is located in the heart of Lafayette, Louisiana, right across from the Lafayette Regional Airport off of Surrey St.
300 Fisher Road Lafayette, Louisiana 70508